SIG Sauer M400
SIG Sauer M400 TREAD pistol is an optics ready, aluminum receiver rifle caliber pistol. The TREAD pistol features an 11.5” Nitride Coated barrel with a free-floating M-LOK handguard, a single-stage polished/hard-coat trigger, ambidextrous controls, a Shockwave Blade multi position pistol brace, and is available in 5.56 NATO.
The TREAD branded accessories include:
– M-LOK handguard with lightening cuts to reduce weight, available in 11.5”;
– Ambidextrous charging handle made of aircraft grade aluminum and a dual roll pin design;
– ROMEO5 optic featuring a 2MOA dot with ten illumination settings, MOTAC, and 50k battery life;
– Flip-up front and rear iron sights that are easy to install, adjustable, and deploy quickly;
– M-LOK front sight adapter with co-witness height made of lightweight aluminum;
– Multiple configurations of M-LOK grip kits made of high strength polymer;
– Factory upgraded flat blade, single stage trigger.
First, the TREAD has an ambi safety, with the right-side lever being short enough that it didn’t poke my trigger finger, a problem I have with most ambi-safety levers. The rifle also has an ambi-magazine release, with a pivoting lever on the left side, and an extended bolt release to make locking the bolt back a little bit easier.